As markets expand globally and the world seemingly shrinks, international tax and accounting issues have become an intrinsic part of our practice. The Kraft international service team has the knowledge and experience needed to help guide you through the nuances of international operations.
Helping clients here and abroad
KraftCPAs offers the best of both worlds — the international resources typical of a “Big Four” accounting firm coupled with the personal service and fee structure of a local firm. We provide services for:
- U.S. taxpayers with foreign holdings (which must be reported to the IRS), including operating companies
- U.S. subsidiaries or branches of foreign-owned companies
- U.S. companies with foreign subsidiaries or branches
- U.S. companies importing or exporting goods
As an independently owned member of the RSM US Alliance, KraftCPAs has access to additional national and global resources.
We know that, when it comes to foreign operations, being sensitive to other cultural business practices and languages can be just as important as technical knowledge.
Our vast experience with international operations, coupled with our RSM US Alliance resources, allows us to help our clients navigate differences in both the regulatory and cultural environments they come across doing business in the U.S. and overseas.
We have served clients with foreign operations in various countries, including Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, and Singapore.
The Kraft international services team offers traditional and high-level, specialized financial advisory services, including:
Tax Compliance & Consulting
- Foreign entity ownership structuring
- Federal, state & local tax return preparation
- Identification of tax credits, such as: research and experimentation, work opportunity tax credit, and foreign tax credit
- Identification of state tax incentives
- Transfer pricing studies
- Cost segregation studies
- State nexus studies
- Delinquent FBAR submission
- Delinquent foreign financial asset reporting
- IC-DISC planning & compliance
Financial Advisory Services
- Outsourced accounting & bookkeeping services
- Accounting software selection and implementation
- Integration & conversion of software, data & currency
- Assurance services (U.S., GAAP & IFRS)
- International reporting packages
- Internal control studies & systems review
- Operational reviews
- Technology consulting
- Network & cyber security assessments
- Transaction advisory services, including capital formation
- Litigation support, dispute resolution and forensic accounting
- System & Organization Controls (SOC) examinations
- Employee benefit plan audit services
Starting a Business in the U.S.
There are many tax, accounting, and legal considerations for foreign entities looking to start operations in the U.S. We can help with:
- Entity selection & jurisdiction choice
- Tax registration & payments
- Foreign investment incentives
- Federal & state taxes
Did you know Tennessee is one of only nine states without an income tax, making it a favorable location to start a business in the U.S.? Learn more about starting a business in Tennessee.
“Kraft has helped KYZEN implement new accounting standards, address tariff issues, and navigate tax law changes to keep both our U.S. and foreign operations in compliance. Though they have the resources of an international firm, their local approach to customer service is what sets them apart.”