International Business Services
As markets expand and redefine the global business environment, international tax and accounting issues become even more vital to business owners in the United States. Our international service team has the knowledge and experience needed to help guide business owners through the many nuances of international operations.
KraftCPAs offers the best of both worlds — the international resources typical of a Big Four accounting firm as well as the personal service and fee structure of a local firm. We provide services for:
- U.S. taxpayers with foreign holdings, including operating companies
- U.S. subsidiaries or branches of foreign-owned companies
- U.S. companies with foreign subsidiaries or branches
- U.S. companies importing or exporting goods
As an independently owned member of the RSM US Alliance, KraftCPAs has access to extensive global resources to meet the unique demands of overseas business.
When it comes to foreign operations, understanding cultural business practices and languages unique to each region can be just as important as technical knowledge.
Our vast experience with international operations, coupled with our RSM US Alliance resources, allows us to help clients navigate differences in both the regulatory and cultural environments of business in the U.S. and overseas.
Our clients have business interests across the globe, including Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, and Singapore.
Our international services team offers traditional and high-level, specialized financial advisory services, including:
Tax Compliance and Consulting
- Foreign entity ownership structuring
- Federal, state, and local tax return preparation
- Identification of tax credits, such as research and experimentation (R&D), work opportunity tax credit, and foreign tax credit
- Identification of state tax incentives
- Transfer pricing studies
- Cost segregation studies
- State nexus studies
- Delinquent FBAR submission
- Delinquent foreign financial asset reporting
- IC-DISC planning and compliance
Financial Advisory Services
- Outsourced accounting and bookkeeping services
- Accounting software selection and implementation
- Integration and conversion of software, data & currency
- Assurance services (U.S., GAAP, and IFRS)
- International reporting packages
- Internal control studies and systems review
- Operational reviews
- Technology consulting
- Network and cybersecurity assessments
- Transaction advisory services, including capital formation
- Turnaround and restructuring
- Litigation support, dispute resolution, and forensic accounting
- System and organization control (SOC) examinations
- Employee benefit plan audit services
Starting a Business in the U.S.
There are many tax, accounting, and legal considerations for foreign entities looking to start operations in the U.S. We provide assistance with:
- Entity selection and jurisdiction choice
- Tax registration and payments
- Foreign investment incentives
- Federal and state taxes
Did you know Tennessee is one of only nine states without an income tax, making it a favorable location to start a business in the U.S.? Learn more about starting a business in Tennessee.