Business Valuation Services
Understanding the value of your business can be a critical consideration in both business and personal financial planning. Unfortunately, owners who rely on gut instinct or DIY valuations may leave money on the table when they sell — or risk overpaying when they expand through acquisition. It’s certainly worth hiring a professional appraiser to value your company before taking any action.
You know your business, but do you know what it’s worth?
The Kraft business valuation team is highly regarded by the accounting and legal community for their depth of experience.
Our senior-level executives lead specialized teams made up of in-house professionals with valuation credentials and experience. This structure allows us to respond quickly, begin work promptly, and wrap up engagements on time. Our professionals hold valuation credentials in fraud and forensics along with countless industry-specific credentials.
With more than 200 team members in the Kraft family, we are able to handle projects of any size and draw on deep technical and industry expertise.
KraftCPAs business valuation team has experience appraising the value of businesses, as well as their tangible and intangible assets, in a variety of industries, including:
manufacturing/distribution, technology, real estate, entertainment, and healthcare.
Our clients include: construction, financial institutions, professional services, life sciences, retail, transportation, leading local and national law firms, executives with private and public companies, investors including private equity and venture capital firms. boards of directors, and bankers.
Business Valuation Services
We perform valuations for a variety of purposes, such as:
- The purchase or sale of a business or certain assets
- Merger and acquisition (M&A) analysis
- Management planning and business analysis
- Obtaining equity and debt funding
- Structuring a buy/sell agreement
- Business succession planning
- Income tax planning and compliance
- Estate and gift tax planning and compliance
- Economic damages in litigation
- Marital dissolution
- Compliance (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley, Healthcare FMV, etc.)
- Mediation, arbitration, dispute resolution
- Financial reporting:
- Business Combinations/Purchase Price Allocations per ASC 805 and IFRS3
- Stock-Based Compensation per ASC 350 and IFRS2
- Goodwill Impairment per ASC 350 – Fair-Value Reporting per ASC 820 – Impaired Loans per ASC 310
In addition, our valuation specialists can provide fairness opinions for both public and private companies considering transactions that require third-party opinions.
Our team has performed appraisals of:
- Business, including:
- Troubled/distressed companies
- Early stage ventures
- Intellectual property holding companies
- Equity interests
- Stock options
- Intellectual property (patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets)
- Core deposits (for financial institutions)
- Other intangible assets
- Customer relationships
- Personal goodwill
- Debt instruments
“Value is a complex and sometimes divisive concept. While estimates of value drive decisions for business owners, investors, and courts, the concept is often misunderstood. Drawing on Kraft’s history of working with entrepreneurs to create, manage, and realize value, we pride ourselves on our ability to measure and communicate worth.”
Josh Hedrick Member in Kraft Analytics, LLC