Mark Patterson is a member (owner) in the tax department of KraftCPAs. As such, he is responsible for building and maintaining client relationships, overseeing the work of engagement teams, reviewing ongoing tax planning and compliance work, approving final tax returns, and presenting our work to clients’ management teams/board of directors, as well as their trusted advisors.
Mark works with owners of middle-market companies to help reduce their overall federal and state tax obligations through identification and utilization of advantageous tax accounting methods, as well as various state and federal tax credits, deductions, and other incentives, including the Tennessee job tax credit, the federal research & experimentation (a.k.a. R&D) and work opportunity credits, IC-DISC for exporters, and cost segregation studies. Mark also assists clients on both the buy and sell sides of M&A transactions including advising clients on exit strategies and their tax implications.
As co-practice leader of the KraftCPAs manufacturing/wholesale/distribution (MWD) industry team, Mark oversees the niche’s strategic plan. He also handles the tax work for a majority of the firm’s MWD clients, including auto suppliers, plastic injection molders, fabricated metal product manufacturers, as well as distributors of consumer products, pharmaceuticals, building materials, office supplies, furniture, and wire/cable, among others. Mark also has experience with the transportation and service industries. In addition, he has also provided tax consulting and compliance for American subsidiaries of foreign-owned companies.
Prior to joining KraftCPAs in 2009, Mark worked with both local and national public accounting firms. He has been in public accounting since 1985.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Manufacturing CPAs
- Tennessee Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Board of Directors
- Tennessee Federal Tax Institute, President & Board Member
- Tennessee Federal Tax Conference, Planning Committee
- Monroe Harding Inc., Finance Committee Member
- Phantom Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps, Treasurer, Board Member & Hall of Fame Member
Other Professional Accomplishments
- Presenter at the Tennessee Federal Tax Conference
- Frequent presenter on the Tax Cuts & Jobs Acts (Tax Reform)