Spencer Mercer is a member in the tax department of KraftCPAs Chattanooga office. As such, he is responsible for building and maintaining client relationships and managing and reviewing the work of other team members.
Spencer has extensive experience with tax research, planning, consulting, and compliance, including consulting on international tax matters at both the corporate and individual levels and assisting clients with corporate asset and stock acquisitions and dispositions. He assists clients with accounting for income taxes and is skilled at communicating complex issues in a non-technical manner. He works proactively with his clients to develop an intimate understanding of their business and personal objectives to help them achieve their goals.
Spencer’s client base is comprised of individuals, corporations, and pass-through entities. He serves clients in a broad variety of industries but focuses much of his time in the areas of manufacturing/wholesale/distribution (MWD) and construction.
Spencer began his career in public accounting with Kraft in 2009.
- Chattanooga Area Chamber, Executive Circle Member
- Chattanooga Regional Manufacturers Association
- Associated General Contractors of East Tennessee
- University of Tennessee Chattanooga Accounting Advisory Board
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants