Scott Nalley is a member in the risk assurance & advisory services practice at KraftCPAs. As such, he is responsible for planning and executing engagements, building client relationships, and managing/reviewing the work of other team members, as well as preparing and presenting reports to clients’ management and boards of directors.
Scott focuses on providing risk management, internal control, and regulatory compliance consulting services. He supports clients by providing services that include, but are not limited to, Internal Audit, System and Organization Controls (SOC) attestation examinations, HITRUST assessments, and HIPAA risk analysis. His areas of experience include risk assessments, network security assessments, network vulnerability assessments, IT audit, data privacy compliance, and risk management, as well as designing, implementing, and testing internal controls.
Scott works extensively with our clients in the manufacturing/wholesale/distribution (MWD), government, utility, technology, healthcare, and professional services industries. He also works with internal audit departments and public accounting firms by providing quality assurance and peer reviews.
Scott has more than 15 years of experience in public accounting and the private sector. His prior public accounting experience included performing external audits for nonprofit/governmental entities, dealerships, and MWD companies, as well as employee benefit plans. Scott also worked for six years as an internal auditor for Vanderbilt University.
Professional and Community Service
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA), Member
- The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Member, Academic Relations Committee; Board of Governors
- Leadership Health Care (an affiliate of the Nashville Health Care Council), Member
- Tennessee State University, Accounting Advisory Board
- Rebuilding Together Nashville, Past Board President and Treasurer