Scott Mertie leads Kraft Healthcare Consulting, LLC — an affiliate of KraftCPAs PLLC. With more than 20 years of reimbursement, operational and financial experience in the healthcare industry, Scott consults on various areas involving reimbursement, including Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, for healthcare clients throughout the United States.
Scott performs other operational reviews and consults on other areas involving the revenue cycle. He also provides expert reports and testimony for healthcare related litigation. His clients include attorneys; medical/surgical, psychiatric, rehabilitation and long-term acute care hospitals; skilled nursing facilities; home health agencies; and rural health clinics.
His previous experience includes 10 years as a senior healthcare consultant for a regional CPA firm, developing and managing a freestanding ambulatory surgery center for a Nashville area hospital and accounting manager for a Nashville based hospital management company.
Professional and Community Service
- Healthcare Financial Management Association, Member
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA), Member
- AHLA, Healthcare Reform Task Force, Vice Chair 2011-2014
- Nashville Medical Group Management Association, Board Member
- National CPA Health Care Advisors Association (HCAA), Member
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA), Member
- Leadership Health Care (an affiliate of the Nashville Health Care Council), Member
- Leadership Health Care, Board Member 2014-2017
- United Neighborhood Health Services, Board President
- Saint Thomas Health Foundation, Board of Directors, Investment Committee
- The Wang Foundation for Sight Restoration, Board Member
- Tennessee-Chinese Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Knights of Columbus, 4th Degree Knight
- Holy Family Catholic Church, Parish Pastoral Council
- Actively participates in mission trips to Haiti
Other Professional Accomplishments
- Awarded “LHC 2016 Ambassador of the Year” by the Nashville Health Care Council
- NHCC international healthcare delegations to London and Edinburgh (2010), Paris, France (2012), Havana, Cuba (2015), and London and Belfast (2017)
- Served as a delegate, along with Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen, for a healthcare trade mission to China, in conjunction with the Tennessee Department of Economic Development
- Participated in the Nashville Health Care Council’s trade missions to the UK, France & Seattle
- Participated in Leadership Health Care trade missions to New York and Washington, D.C.
- Received the Nashville Business Journal’s Healthcare Hero award in 2010 and 2015
- Recognized as one of the top small businesses in the South by Business Leader Magazine (Kraft Healthcare Consulting, LLC)
- Recognized from 2010-2017 as a healthcare leader in Nashville Medical News’ “InCharge Healthcare”
- Recognized in 2012 as a Top 50 Entrepreneur in Nashville by Business Leader Magazine
- Recognized in 2015 as a Power Leader in Accounting by the Nashville Business Journal
- Presented a variety of reimbursement topics to organizations such as the American Health Information Management Association, Catholic Business League, Healthcare Financial Management Association, Middle Tennessee Healthcare Executive Association, Medical Group Managers Association and American Academy of Professional Coders. Presentation topics have included Medicare inpatient and outpatient regulatory updates, revenue cycle, Medicare bad debts, disproportionate share reimbursement and Medicare cost report training.