Scott Mertie leads Kraft healthcare Consulting, LLC, an affiliate of KraftCPAs PLLC. With more than 25 years of experience in the healthcare industry, Scott consults on various areas involving third-party reimbursement, operations, and compliance for clients throughout the United States. Additionally, Scott provides expert reports and testimony for healthcare-related litigation engagements. His clients include hospitals, long-term care facilities, physicians, and other providers, as well as law firms.
Scott has also partnered with the American Institute of Healthcare Compliance to develop and instruct a Medicare/Medicaid cost reporting boot camp and certification – Certified Cost Reporting Specialist. His previous experience includes working for a Nashville-based hospital management company, Nashville hospital system, and other CPA firms.
Professional and Community Service
- Saint Thomas Health Foundation, Board Member
- Neighborhood Health, Board Member
- Visitation Hospital Foundation, Board Member
- Healthcare Financial Management Association, Board Member TN Chapter
- Medical Group Managers Association, Board Member Nashville Chapter
- Nashville Health Care Council
- Leadership Healthcare, Board Member
- American Institute of Healthcare Compliance, Instructor
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Health Information Management Association
- National CPA Health Care Advisors Association
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Knights of Columbus, Fourth Degree Knight
- Participates on multiple mission trips to Haiti
Other Professional Accomplishments
- Organized and led healthcare delegation to Cuba in 2014
- Served as a healthcare delegate, along with TN Gov. Phil Bredesen, for a trade mission to China, in conjunction with the Tennessee Department of Economic Development
- Participated on numerous Nashville Health Care Council international delegations
- Participated and led multiple Leadership Health Care delegations to Washington D.C.
- Received Nashville Business Journal’s Healthcare Hero award, 2010, 2015, and 2018
- Named Power Leader in Accounting/Finance by the Nashville Business Journal, 2015 and 2017
- Recognized by Nashville Medical News as Healthcare Leader, 2010-2018
- Recognized as one of the top small businesses in the South by Business Leader Magazine
- Presented on a variety of healthcare topics to organizations including HFMA, MGMA, MTHEA, AAPC, TSCPA, etc.
- Partnered with the American Institute for Healthcare Compliance (AIHC) to develop a Medicare/Medicaid cost report boot camp course and the Certified Cost Report Specialist (CCRS) credential.