Gina B. Pruitt is the member-in-charge of the risk assurance and advisory services practice of KraftCPAs. She has more than 30 years of experience providing a variety of services. Her responsibilities include risk management, internal audit, system and organization controls (SOC) examinations, HITRUST common security framework (CSF) engagements, IT audit and consulting, network security and vulnerability assessments, and cybersecurity controls consulting.
Gina oversees procedures related to internal audit and IT FFIEC controls for financial institutions ranging in size from just under $500 million to over $30 billion in assets. She is also responsible for IT Sarbanes-Oxley procedures for several public financial institutions. In addition, she leads approximately 25 to 30 annual network assessments.
Gina has extensive experience performing risk assessments, setting up internal audit departments, and managing all aspects of internal audit, specializing in IT audits and integrated audits. She has been an IT internal auditor in both public accounting and private industry, and she presents to audit committees on a regular basis. Gina is the partner responsible for the firm’s internal audit practice, including several fully outsourced integrated IT and internal audit engagements. She also leads the firm’s HITRUST practice.
Gina spent 10 years in Big Four public accounting as the partner-in-charge of the Nashville practice of enterprise risk services (ERS) with Deloitte & Touche. In addition, she was the southeast regional director for internal audit services. She was responsible for performing the annual internal audit risk assessment, developing the annual internal audit plan, and developing and presenting audit reports to the audit committee and board of directors. Annual audits consisted of financial, operational, IT, and fully-integrated audits. Gina managed approximately 200 employees and more than 100 clients as part of procedures for all internal audit clients in Deloitte’s southeast region.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: CPA Exam Evolution Initiative Committee; Information Systems and Controls Discipline Panel
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee; Student Outreach, Advancement, and Recruitment Committee; Council, Board of Directors
- Tennessee Bankers Association, IT Forum Sponsor
- ISACA, Founding Charter Member and Past President
- Institute of Internal Auditors: Chairman of the Board; Academic Relations Committee
- Leadership Health Care
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Nashville Technology Council: Board of Directors; Finance Chair
- University of Tennessee, Accounting and Information Management Advisory Board
- Tennessee Tech University, Accounting Advisory Board
- AICPA Board of Examiners; National SOC Task Force; Information Management Technology Assurance Executive Committee; Cybersecurity Sub-Committee; SOC Sub-Committee
- TSCPA Financial Institutions Committee; Council
- TBA Strategic Technology Conference Committee
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center, Technology Committee
- Leadership Brentwood, Class of 2013
- Williamson County Habitat for Humanity, Women Build Committee
- Infragard Middle Tennessee, Board of Directors
Other Professional Accomplishments
- Power Leader in Finance, Nashville Business Journal
- Women of Influence, Nashville Business Journal
- InCharge Healthcare, Nashville Medical News
- Women to Watch, Nashville Medical News
- Contributor to Nashville Medical News and The Tennessee Banker
- Event panelist on cybersecurity and other technology topics