Tracy Thomas is a member (owner) in the assurance services department of KraftCPAs. As such, he is responsible for building and maintaining client relationships, overseeing the work of engagement teams, reviewing ongoing work, approving final reports, and presenting our work to clients’ management and board members.
Tracy performs a variety of services, including external audits, reviews, and agreed-upon procedures for clients in the construction, real estate, and manufacturing/wholesale/distribution (MWD) industries. His clients include many that have multi-state locations and/or are subsidiaries of foreign-owned companies.
Tracy is co-practice leader of the firm’s construction industry team. Throughout his career, Tracy has worked extensively with construction and real estate clients. He previously worked for two niche firms which had more than 90 percent construction industry clients. While with those firms, he served clients across the country with multi-state and multinational operations, ranging from start-ups to clients in excess of $300 million.
Additionally, Tracy serves as the co-practice leader of the employee benefits team. As such, he oversees more than 40 benefit plan audits. In this role, he has had extensive experience interacting with third-party administrators, plan custodians, and ERISA attorneys.
As a registered qualified peer reviewer, Tracy is also an integral part of our firm’s peer review practice. He and the peer review team evaluate other CPA firms’ system of quality control for their accounting and auditing practice.
Tracy has nearly 30 years of accounting experience, including four years of private industry experience as an internal auditor and accounting manager.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- TSCPA Middle Tennessee, Peer Review Committee Chair
- Middle Tennessee Report Acceptance Body
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Partnership 2020, Economic Development Committee
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Partnership 2010
- Nashville Area Habitat for Humanity, Finance Committee, Delinquency Committee Chair & Board of Directors
- Tennessee Art League, Finance Committee