Jessica Scouten is a senior manager in Kraft’s forensic and investigative accounting practice. She has more than a decade of public accounting and litigation support experience. Jessica works primarily with financially distressed enterprises and business units; she specializes in investigative accounting matters, including fraud investigations, forensic accounting, and bankruptcy.
Her case work has ranged from internal investigations of accounting and financial reporting irregularities to more intensive investigations of alleged fraud and other misconduct subject to litigation. Jessica also works extensively with clients dealing with marital dissolution matters. She is skilled in data mining, data analytics, and other areas of electronic discovery. Most recently, she led a team of more than 50 staff assisting a law firm in the investigation of alleged white collar crimes requiring more than nine million emails and other documents to be mined and analyzed.
In corporate bankruptcies, Jessica’s experience includes working with debtors, creditors, and trustees in the discovery and analysis of preferences, fraudulent conveyances, and business combinations. She has prepared extensive financial forecasting models in connection with liquidations and plans of reorganization.
Her industry experience includes manufacturing, transportation, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, municipal governments, and not-for-profit organizations. Jessica frequently presents to attorneys, accountants, and industry professionals on various topics related to financial statement analysis, fraud investigations, and forensic accounting.
Jessica began her career with Kraft in the firm’s assurance services practice. Her work included auditing financial institutions and conducting System and Organization Controls (SOC) examinations for a variety of commercial and governmental clients both domestically and internationally.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Middle Tennessee Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Board Member
- Turnaround Management Association
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Lawyers Association for Women, Marion Griffin Chapter
- TSCPA Scholarship & Awards Committee
- Nashville Area Habitat for Humanity, Family Selection Committee & Advisory Board
- Young Leaders Council, Alumna
- Women in White Collar Defense Association
- Nashville Food Project, Finance Committee
40 Under Forty Honoree, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts and the Consultants’ Training Institute, 2018View Jessica's Articles