Jessica Scouten has more than a decade of public accounting and litigation support experience. She works primarily with financially distressed enterprises and business units where she specializes in investigative accounting matters, including fraud investigations, forensic accounting and bankruptcy.
Her case work has ranged from internal investigations of accounting and financial reporting irregularities to more intensive investigations of alleged fraud and other misconduct subject to litigation. She is skilled in data mining, data analytics and other areas of electronic discovery. Most recently, she has led a team of more than 50 staff assisting a law firm in the investigation of alleged white collar crimes where more than 9 million emails and other documents are being mined and analyzed.
In corporate bankruptcies, Jessica’s experience includes working with debtors, creditors and trustees in the discovery and analysis of preferences, fraudulent conveyances and business combinations. She has prepared extensive financial forecasting models in connection with liquidations and plans of reorganization.
Her industry experience includes manufacturing, transportation, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, municipal governments and not-for-profit organizations.
Prior to her focus on financially distressed enterprise and business units, Jessica served Kraft’s assurance services clients as an auditor of financial institutions. Her work included conducting System & Organization Controls (SOC) examinations for a variety of commercial and governmental clients domestically and internationally.
Professional and Community Service
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), Associate Member
- Middle Tennessee Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Board Member
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors (AIRA)
- Lawyers Association for Women – Marion Griffin Chapter
- TSCPA Scholarship & Awards Committee
- Nashville Area Habitat for Humanity, Family Selection Committee & Advisory Board
- Young Leaders Council, Alumna
- Women in White Collar Defense Association (WWCDA)
- Nashville Food Project, Finance Committee
40 Under Forty Honoree, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts® (NACVA®) and the Consultants’ Training Institute® (CTI®) – 2018View Jessica's Articles