Debbie McGraw is the director of relationship building for KraftCPAs. As such, she works to develop and strengthen relationships with both current clients and referral sources in support of the firm’s strategic growth objectives. She works closely with internal industry and service niche teams to enhance their current client relationships and to develop processes to help ensure accountability for practice growth.
Having joined KraftCPAs as the firm’s first marketing director in 1991, Debbie was involved in the research, planning, implementation, and evaluation of all firm marketing and business development activities. As a trusted member of the firm’s management team, she developed and implemented systems and processes to track and segregate new business by industry, sources of business and to establish key performance indicators. She also developed and implemented the firm’s first client review process and the firm’s first incentive program to encourage new business development among staff members. Debbie has facilitated client advisory board meetings and focus group meetings to gather critical feedback and advice from clients and conducted in-person client satisfaction reviews.
During her 20-plus years leading the marketing department, Debbie supervised all marketing functions while growing the department and mentoring her team and other young professionals in the firm. Her expertise covers a wide range of communications, advertising, public relations, and media relations. Debbie’s creativity, enthusiasm, and work ethic inspired her internal team to excel, which led to several client communications awards for newsletters and brochures. Her influence contributed significantly to the firm’s brand recognition, reputation in the community, and organic growth.
Following a three-year hiatus while living in Prague, Czech Republic, Debbie returned to Kraft in 2019 in this new director role.
- Association for Accounting Marketing
- Public Relations Society of America, Nashville Chapter, President & Board of Directors
- Public Relations Society of America, National Conference Committee
- YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee, Communications Task Force
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce, Communications Committee
Other Professional Accomplishments
- Communications Volunteer of the Year, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Author, “How to Build Banker Referral Sources,” Association of Regional Accounting Firms
- Contributing Author, CPA Marketing Report
- Presenter, “Marketing Professional Services,” Licensed Independent Network of CPA Financial Planners’ national conference (earned highest ratings)