America’s “It City” is growing, and so are we.
KraftCPAs PLLC is a thriving, locally owned public accounting firm that delivers innovative accounting, tax, audit and specialized services. As a large but flexible firm based in Nashville, Tenn., we take pride in our comprehensive accounting and advisory services, our deep industry experience, and our steadfast commitment to personal service. We now have more than 200 people working in our Middle Tennessee offices.
If you want a rewarding, vibrant career in one of the state’s largest independent accounting and consulting firms, we want to talk with you. Contact us today.
Email your cover letter and resume to our key contact located in the sidebar.
KraftCPAs is recruiting for our fastest growing service area in the Firm. We are looking for enthusiastic self-starters with prior internal audit experience in a public accounting environment and/or a corporate internal audit environment. MUST have strong internal control knowledge and proven experience. Ability to move up quickly with proper experience, motivation, and ability to train.
Senior internal auditors assist in developing the audit approach, assist with supervision of staff, perform audit tests, and prepare communications to management. Candidate must have enough experience to be able to train and advise team members and clients in areas of internal audit and general business concepts. As a senior auditor, you will be responsible for adding value and improving our client’s operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the client’s effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Work with other team members to plan and execute an effective integrated internal audit or other risk/control oriented consulting engagement
- Plan and execute audits leading to issuance of formal reports based on client deadlines
- Supervise and train staff members
- Prepare and monitor project budgets
- Determine audit scope and document processes, identify risks and controls, and design audit testing procedures
- Assess client’s policies, procedures, and systems of internal control for adequacy
- Obtain and evaluate documentation for compliance with policies, procedures, laws, and regulations
- Analyze and document audit results and provide recommendations for corrective action
- Prepare audit reports including audit findings, risk descriptions, recommendations for improvement, and management responses
- Conduct planning, entrance, and exit meetings with client and staff
- Perform first level work paper review
- Conduct follow-up and remediation testing, investigations, and special projects as necessary
- Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability and maintain efficient staff utilization
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding best practices, tools, techniques, laws, regulations, and performance standards
- The candidate we are seeking should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s (minimum) and/or master’s (preferred) degree in accounting or business administration
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in public accounting or internal audit
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other relevant certifications preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills
- Strong computer and analytical skills required
- Knowledge of Institute of Internal Audit, International Professional Practices Framework and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards required
- Utility or manufacturing experience highly desired
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Ability to develop relationships with both internal and external clients
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team (both as a team leader and team member)
- Ability to manage shifting priorities, demands and timeliness through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience and knowledge of IT General Computer Control and Application Control auditing preferred