KraftCPAs is conducting a search for a controller for one of our clients.
As a key member of the executive management team, the controller will report to the president and assume a strategic role in the overall financial management of the company. The controller will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
Email your cover letter and resume to our key contact located in the sidebar.
- Provides leadership in the development short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance & accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets, consolidation and reporting to the company.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Assist president in development of a pay-for-performance plan.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA preferred.
- Retail and inventory accounting experience is a must.
- 5-8 years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in either the retail/wholesale or manufacturing industries.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Other Skills & Abilities
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment).
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions and Excel is preferred.